What will I Learn?
You will learn the “Art of Teaching” Pilates along with a wonderful repertoire connected by precise transitions to create a rhythmic, fluid and focused—workout which will build greater strength, flexibility and endurance. You will learn about the body, how to be an effective hands on instructor and how to create modifications for clients with pathologies.
You will learn;
- Pre-Pilates and modifications
- The Classical Pilates repertoire from Basic to Advanced level on the mat.
- Basic to advanced repertoire on the Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, Electric Chair, Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector, Small Barrels, Pedi-pull, and all Small Apparatus.
- Use and maintenance of the Pilates industry equipment and apparatus
- Safety in the studio, safety whilst teaching
- Analysing posture
Anatomy for Pilates
- Hands on teaching techniques for safety and efficiency
- Instructor / self care
- Identifying learner needs
- Identifying learning styles
Part 1: Basic System: The Basic system focuses upon technical and teaching aspects of all of the apparatus at this level minus the Pedi Pole. Apparatus includes the Reformer, Wunda chair, Cadillac, Electric Chair, Ladder Barrel, Small Barrels, Magic Circle and hand weights and mat work. Plus modifications for physical limitations.
Part 2: Intermediate System: Intermediate system follows the teaching progression to this level, and outlines the appropriate evolution of the client. Apparatus includes the Reformer, Wunda chair, Cadillac, Electric Chair, Ladder Barrel, Small Barrels and Pedi Pole and mat work. Plus modifications for physical limitations.
Part 3 Advanced System: Focuses on the Advanced repertoire and breaks down the exercises to adapt for the needs of the client through identifying weaknesses, or injuries, and applying the Method with modifications for physical limitations. Apparatus includes the Reformer, Wunda Chair, Cadillac, Electric Chair, Ladder Barrel, Small Barrels and Pedi Pole and Mat Work.